This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[LOCKED] Web Hosting Ideas?

PirateMouse

Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:57:20 pm

After losing 3 of my domains ( finances stink lately. *sighs* )
I am in search of a free web host ( maybe one that offers sub-domains or at least a good sub-domain place to forward to use )

I signed up with one service ... only to find that their support dept. must be on vacation or something. ( Post on their forum, see a reply to another thread that says "This isn't the official support" ( though it clearly states so ) ... find I have to post elsewhere - only to be told it must be my ISP problem when clearing my cache and flushing my DNS didn't resolve my problem. ( Uh right. My ISP blocks just that one link. Nothing else, just that )

So, I am searching for a decent website host. Something I can run Wordpress or maybe even Future Nuke on. Nothing fancy. Don't need much.

Wolfman

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:01:57 am

Hi,

I think if you start by telling us which country you are based in, people may have ideas for you!. (We don't want your name and address so don't worry!!)

Regards Wolfman :D

PirateMouse

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:03:32 pm

Never thought that might be an issue or request.

I live in the United States. Western ( Montana )
I wouldn't mind a free host in the UK - as long as I can run Future Nuke, Joomla or WordPress without too much issue.
Something that may offer free sub-domains ( until I can get my domains re-instated )

Wolfman

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:32:07 am

Hi,

here is something I found:

http://www.free-webhosts.com/

Regards Wolfman :D

PirateMouse

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:25:21 pm

Thank you, kind sir as always. :)
Will take a peek. Though I think I found somewhere to hang out for the time being. :)

Brianbrooks

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:41:20 am

I think you need to check http://www.cloudpeople.com.au/ as they provide a better and safe service and you can also take a free 7 days trial before using their service so that you can check it is suitable to you or not.I am also using their service and i found it best as they provide whole access to me.

marleydsouza

Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:10:36 am

If you are searching for a best web hosting, you can contact with Tech Logic Solutions. They offer 100% safe and secure hosting services at an affordable price. I have my 2 websites on their web hosting server.

Swarfendor437

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:57:20 pm

Please remove your hyperlink - this is an old thread and [CLOSED]. Start your own discussion in Off-Topic but promotion of services not directly linked to GNU/Linux issues is not permitted. Thanks. ;) :D