This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Don't use Ubuntu

agungaskcom

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:25:58 pm

I'm really don't understand with this. We now when we first install Canonical is unchek. If we not use (chek) Canonical are we safe ???

Posted by Richard Stallman at Dec 07, 2012 01:53 AM
http://www.fsf.org/blogs/rms/ubuntu-spyware-what-to-do

If you ever recommend or redistribute GNU/Linux, please remove Ubuntu from the distros you recommend or redistribute. If its practice of installing and recommending nonfree software didn't convince you to stop, let this convince you. In your install fests, in your Software Freedom Day events, in your FLISOL events, don't install or recommend Ubuntu. Instead, tell people that Ubuntu is shunned for spying.

Anonymous

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:47:17 am

These days it doesn't matter what you use !!! Ubuntu>>>Zorin>>>Windows>>>When we all use web pages like Facebook or Google, our privacy is open game.

When I say something people sometimes tend to turn my words around. That's why I'm back rephrasing my last comment !!!
Good thing I didn't try to make a living as a journalist !!! :lol:

In the United States Microsoft is affordable. Ubuntu is free. And Apple is a rip-off !!!

agungaskcom

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:34:55 am

I'm not worry about spyware... maybe he so hyperbola (sorry)
If we not agree with the statement. mean ZorinOS still Open Source Linux but not Free (still have to spend money to use)
Free = Whatever you would not have to pay
Open Source = U can modification Without violating copyright
Richard Stallman stand in FOSS (Free and Open Source Software)

In my country ZorinOS become to popular (in just a few months) we have 125 member and continues to grow every day, check this http://www.facebook.com/groups/zorinos.indonesia/
It is unfortunate if they had to retreat because of this issue. because we know ZorinOS under ubuntu... :cry: