This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Ubuntu for phone released

agungaskcom

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:58:12 am

Have been see this http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/phone
Still waiting Zorin on phone or android :lol:

madvinegar

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:20:32 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:'plebeians'

Now that's a great Greek word! Congrats Swarf.

Anonymous

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:52:53 am

Anonymous

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:04:26 am

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi datek1, I picked up this fact whilst listening to Mark Shuttleworth's 'Jobsesque' presentation. Whilst the concept looks cool, the battery issue remains the problem (just like in Notebooks) for GNU/Linux. If I did get one the first apps to go would be:

1. Facebook
2. Twitter
3. GMail

I think the Zorin devs should get hold of the Ubuntu Phone dev and tweak it - then we could all have one of these! :D

Zorin phone.jpg

That would be nice. But that Blue Z button is getting kinda of old>>>boring.. Do get me wrong Zorin has it going on, but I think it's time to hit the design board. They could be a little more creative this go around. Update the Zorin look.

Anonymous

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:15:38 am

swarfendor437 wrote:It was a 'quick draw' using one of my wallpapers - perhaps a quetzal would be good covered with z's! :D

I have alot of good ideas myself, but like I said before I'm not the graphics expert in my family. I'm lucky to draw a circle round! :lol:

agungaskcom

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:26:25 am

I dont try with Android device or phone becaus I don't have it :oops: :oops:
But Im still trying to experiment with raspberry

Anonymous

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:18:04 pm

Me to>>I'm to blind to see that small :lol:

Have an El Cheap O

agungaskcom

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:19:23 pm

I only use a Nokia 1280 :D
Linux is nothing in my country, the majority of people prefer pirated programs rather than open source or free software program. We are aggressively campaigning for Linux and feeding all the hardware with smelling of Linux so people are interested. :P

Anonymous

Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:49:36 pm

agungaskcom do you have Rasberry. Just wondering, because my son Christopher wants one. Wondering were they worth anything!!!