This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Firefox OS or Ubuntu >>Who will it be !!!

Anonymous

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:03:37 pm

If Mozilla makes an >>>Operating System <<< like they make a >>> Browser >>> You know who is in real trouble > : http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/7/384899 ... video-demo

: http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/comment ... roi-103206

genexxa27

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:20:23 am

Looks like there is going to be a fight for the phones again. I have seen the Ubuntu one and now Mozilla want a piece of the action. Its good that they are going to emerging markets for now will stay off the radar of Apple and Google for the moment. But I can see as soon as they want in the American or European markets its going to be a legal battle again. Going to have to see what is going to happen in the future of the phones.

madvinegar

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:42:02 am

Mozzila started developing firefox OS way before Ubuntu. However, I see nothing inovating in firefox OS. Seems like a bad copy of android.
Ubuntu OS is completely different from any other phone OS we have seen.

Anonymous

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:02:57 pm

madvinegar wrote:Mozzila started developing firefox OS way before Ubuntu. However, I see nothing inovating in firefox OS. Seems like a bad copy of android.
Ubuntu OS is completely different from any other phone OS we have seen.

Your right about nothing innovating concerning Firefox OS. But if I had to make a choice and as much as I like Ubuntu, I would have to say Firefox OS would be the better product from the get go over Ubuntu. This would be strictly in relation to performance, not the looks/features. Anyway we'll soon find out what the future brings. And many things are soon to change.

This is my 9 yr old son's forecast into the future of Smart Phones.

Windows 8/Blue being on 40% of the Smart Phones.
Iphone 6 having Winows 8/Blue added.
To early to predict Ubuntu>>Firefox OS
Apple/Google >>>major lawsuits against everyone in the Smart Phone Industry.
Turmoil>>>Turmoil>>>Turmoil=Smart Phone Industry

Anonymous

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:05:17 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:My forecast:

Samsung is now a Platinum member of the Free Software Foundation - wanting to promote a failing Smart OS - Tizen. Samsung decides to buy up the FSF and devours Ubuntu and Mozilla and replaces Google search and Mail with DuckDuckGo search engine, and Ubuntu Cloud Mail! :mrgreen: and restricts Ubuntu and Mozilla to only run on Samsung mobiles to AVOID lawsuits from Apple and Windows Blue Phone!
The air will definitely be BLUE! :mrgreen:

You definitely hit one on the bulls eye. Samsung is the the real world crown holder>>>as what is>>and what can be!!! And that's why I think it made sense, when my son said that Apple will have to resort to having Windows 8/Blue added on their next upcoming Iphone to stay a float/survive.

Anonymous

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:13:06 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:No, I think Apple's next move will go back to inventing the wheel! :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... BnLbv6QYcA

That's a good one!!!!! :lol: