This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Backup

msrmf

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:47:18 am

Is this reliable backup software? http://redobackup.org/

Swarfendor437

Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:03:46 pm

Not used it myself - I tend to just back up '/home' to an external drive. Not sure if you could use Clonezilla which you could create a clone of your hard drive - I'd wait for other contributors. I have used the paid for solution of Acronis Home True Image but not tried reversing an archived UE system! :D

Auldyin

Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:28:10 pm

Hi msrmf

Iv'e been using Redo since I installed Zorin over 2 years ago. I keep seperate backups of all my partitions and a complete HD backup. I have restored various partitions and the hard drive a few times and installed my system to a new HD using Redo. I find it easy to use and reliable and I highly recommend it.

Cheers Auldyin

:D :D :D :D :D :D

msrmf

Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:54:24 am

Auldyin wrote:Hi msrmf

Iv'e been using Redo since I installed Zorin over 2 years ago. I keep seperate backups of all my partitions and a complete HD backup. I have restored various partitions and the hard drive a few times and installed my system to a new HD using Redo. I find it easy to use and reliable and I highly recommend it.

Cheers Auldyin

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks, glad to hear especially the easy to use part.