This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

scammers. Is there a gov. agency that gives a sh#t?

yonnie

Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:04:26 am

I just got a phone call from 567-888-8909. I'm guessing the person was Vietnamese, the accent anyway. Told them I didn't have a windblows machine and hung up. I did a search and found numerous hits, unbelievable! Calls from this number go back years! Plus other numbers too! Fail to report a $50 check while on welfare and go to jail, lose your kids, but scam somebody and never get in trouble.

Wolfman

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:17:35 am

I recently got a letter from South Africa telling me that if I were willing to put a million USD in my account for a short while, I would get a share of the money and all I had to do was give them my bank details and they would do the rest, nice !!!. :D :D :D :D

yonnie

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:42:58 pm

It's been a decade since I seen one of those emails. They send out letters now? Nice guy, wanted money to pay for a lawyer to get access to his recently deceased relatives bank account where millions were stored. Even offered to share the money with me as a reward.

What gets my goat is that these phone calls are so brazen they don't even bother to mask their phone number by making it private. You would think with the tracks they leave the government would shut them down and haul their a** of to jail. It's like either the government don't care, or the scammers don't care or both. Or maybe it's the scammers know the gov. won't bother.

You would think the credit-card companies would do something as it's them who end up paying for most of the bill, well, on further thought, they get to write it off. So it's us who pays for it.