This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Support in zorin for media players that are used in windows

gamelover85

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:57:00 am

Wine will open the music player i want to use, but it won't use the codecs or something. No music plays. Of all linux OS, Zorin is cool. So i'm actually now willing to spend the time to see if there is a way to make it better. I'm not really sure where to bring this issue, but just saying this was my experience with this little brick-a-brack here. Wine is cool. Just wish it could play my songs. I really don't like the players on linux i've seen so far. Anything that is like Windows Media player, or Real Player, or Divxplayer, i don't care for. The player i was trying to use was Classic Media player. Its an Ap like VLC player--it plays pretty much anything. But i like Classic Media Player cuz it just opens and plays music--and it opens real fast, and isn't cluttered with all this other BS to waste my time waiting for it to load all that other c*** that i never use anyways. Unless anyone knows of a player for linux that is like Classic media, that is free like it too. Let me know. Inform me, you all so wise on linux so share your thoughts :D

SteveD

Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:38:36 am

You say it's like VLC so why not use VLC? I've found the Linux version of VLC is a lot quicker than the windows version.

madvinegar

Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:44:25 am

+1. When in Linux try to use native linux programs. Wine is the last solution only for win programs that do not exist (or there is no similar program) in Linux.

You will find that the native linux programs work better, faster and more stable than in windows (even the same programs like VLC).

Swarfendor437

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:39:11 am

Also take a look at SMPlayer! :D