This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Ubuntu Forums is a jungle!

marx404

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:35:20 pm

Is it just me or is trying to search Ubuntuforums.org forum site pretty confusing? Any tips on sorting through their search function of the forum to more quickly find what I am looking for? I always try to search for my answer before I post a new thread, but uggg!!! (nice folks both here and there though)

Anonymous

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:52:36 pm

Google your search with minimum word text.

Example :
Say you want to install Nvidia GT-240 drivers on Ububtu 14.10

Bling Search :
DuckDuckGo Search :
Google Search :

Install Nvidia Gt-240 Ubuntu 14.10

If the correct words are entered.
You will get very accurate answers...via search engine.
Usually narrowing down the search...directing whomever to the appropriate site such as [ Ubuntu Forum ] with answers.

Swarfendor437

Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:44:56 am

Just to add to what Gizmuntu has said - that is what I do to put answers on here that I don't readily know the answer to - its all in the phrasing! ;)

But I only use DuckDuckGo or Bing as a second choice if DuckDuckGo comes back with zilch!

marx404

Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:57:07 pm

I agree with you guys that Google-ing the question yields quicker results than searching directly from the Ubuntu forums site. Absolutely. I just wante dto make a point that maybe they can better enhance their own search on the site. But yes, Google is much faster, better.

Swarfendor437

Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:42:34 am

and DuckDuckGo is far more accurate - unless the pages demand a search by Bing or Google! ;)

blfriis

Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:25:01 am

Hi when I search for Linux stuff I allways use googlubuntu http://www.googlubuntu.com/