This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Bell's Palsey, any of you ever have it?

Dude

Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:52:55 pm

Half of my face is paralyzed because of this. I've had it for almost four months now. Always getting headaches, can't blink my eye, and it looks like the meat is just hanging off my face on my right side.

I was just wondering how long this might last? Every one is telling me it shouldn't last as long as I've had it.

Whenever I do anything or go anywhere, I have to put a patch over my eye, so nothing will get in it.

That's why I have so much time to play with these computers. Problem is, if I'm on too long, I get a headache.

Swarfendor437

Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:03:47 pm

Hi, Bell's Palsey will vary from person to person, my 'Aunt' (who was really my Mum's cousin) collapsed in the village where she lived - she made a reasonable recovery but it did take some time. She never regained her full smile, one side of her face being affected, but she did make quite a good recovery, but it did take time. Just like two computers - no two are the same - so be patient my friend. I hope you do make a recovery - and don't spend too much time in front of the screen - have you tried 'dimming' the screen a bit to see if that helps? :)

Dude

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:54:40 pm

Thank you. Hunting season is in a couple of weeks too. Our deer season is about two and a half months, so maybe I might get a little hunting in. I just can't be wearing a patch on one eye, tripping all over myself in the woods. Hahaha
I guess my face can't get too much worse either. Hahaha

Dude

Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:04:27 pm

Next week I will have this for 5 months. At least I have an appointment on November 4th to see a neurologist. Maybe he can give me something to fix it. Some days my whole face hurts.