This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Today

Stephanie

Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:41:20 am

What are you doing today ? .. going to work ? going to school ? buying a new car ? upgrading your computer ? let us know :D

Today I’m having a lazy day, in the middle of my four days off work so I’m messing about on my computers and just chilling with Max my Cat :D

Stephanie

Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:32:56 am

Today I’m off to Iceland .. not the Country the Shop to fill up my freezer (they do some great Sausages) very yummy :D

Stephanie

Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:37:47 pm

Today one of my jobs at home is changing my bedding for most people this would be a 10 to 15 minuet job but with Max (my young Cat) helping its about an hour, I have a king size bed as I like plenty of room but changing it Max will be somewhere in the middle of it :lol:

Stephanie

Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:49:01 am

Today I have 2 days off work ! :P :mrgreen:

Stephanie

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:10:29 am

Today I’m going around Mum and Dads for lunch and Max is coming with me :D

1.jpg

Stephanie

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:34:52 pm

Today I installed Chalet OS x64 on my i5 Desktop .. very pretty :D .. more stuff to learn :shock: .. :lol:

Stephanie

Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:58:31 pm

Today I’m making Spaghetti Bolognese (with Smoked Streaky Bacon and Celery, trimmed and finely diced) gives more taste and a little crunch :D

spaghetti-bolognese.jpg

Max is having steamed Chicken :D

Stephanie

Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:39:12 pm

Today my holiday was confirmed .. I have all next week off ! :P :P :P

Henriolavi

Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:22:56 am

Today I first took a big portion of Mämmi with vanilla sauce. The traditional Finnish Easter delicacy.

mämmi+vanilla sauce.jpg

Then I installed an additional HDD to my desktop for backups to avoid Easter witches vandalism.

computer 2.jpg

After that I went out to look whether there are still Easter witches.

img069_filtRESSh.jpg

But no, there were not any more witches, all were disappeared due to having some Easter bonfires yesterday evening to get rid of those.

P1010075.JPG

http://yle.fi/uutiset/witches_and_bonfi ... er/7910011

Dude

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:08:03 pm

Today I had about 40 needles in me, all over. I've had Bell's palsy for over a year. In the beginning of June I started seeing acupuncturist and I'm starting to get better with each visit. With the needles in I can close my right eye without straining. But after she takes the needles out, I have to strain really hard just to get my eye to close only halfway. I hope I get better soon, I need to get back to work.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:17:36 pm

Dude wrote:Today I had about 40 needles in me, all over. I've had Bell's palsy for over a year. In the beginning of June I started seeing acupuncturist and I'm starting to get better with each visit. With the needles in I can close my right eye without straining. But after she takes the needles out, I have to strain really hard just to get my eye to close only halfway. I hope I get better soon, I need to get back to work.

I hope you continue to make progress too Dude - take care! :)

Dude

Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:49:55 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:
Dude wrote:Today I had about 40 needles in me, all over. I've had Bell's palsy for over a year. In the beginning of June I started seeing acupuncturist and I'm starting to get better with each visit. With the needles in I can close my right eye without straining. But after she takes the needles out, I have to strain really hard just to get my eye to close only halfway. I hope I get better soon, I need to get back to work.

I hope you continue to make progress too Dude - take care! :)

Thank you. It looks like everytime I go I'm making a little progress each time.

Today I found out my sister (who uses an Apple product) has a virus. I'm glad I'm using Zorin to check my emails and browse the web. I've found I'm using Zorin more than Windows, which I think is a good thing.

Dude

Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:25:43 pm

Today, after I went to have some acupuncture done, I found my old Sound Blaster soundcard, installed it, and hooked it up to my old Altec Lansing surround sound system to my Linux box, and it works like a champ! Now I can watch some Youtube video's and listen to some good quality music.

Swarfendor437

Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:52:54 pm

Nice going Dude! Today I create a video: https://vimeo.com/135585793

Post install update guide for Zorin 10 - how to do it in 3 different ways and how to install Cairo-Dock DE with GnoMenu to get left Windows key to Launch GnoMenu! ;)

Dude

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:50:04 am

Today was the last day of my acupuncturist. She retired.

I did get a lot of improvement over the past three months. My next step is seeing a neurologist to have a test done to see if there is anymore activity on the right side of my face. If there is, then I start to see a physical therapist and hopefully I'll use this thing called an e-stem. It stimulates my face using electrical current. I've been told it works really well.

Wolfman

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:03:33 am

Dude wrote:Today was the last day of my acupuncturist. She retired.

I did get a lot of improvement over the past three months. My next step is seeing a neurologist to have a test done to see if there is anymore activity on the right side of my face. If there is, then I start to see a physical therapist and hopefully I'll use this thing called an e-stem. It stimulates my face using electrical current. I've been told it works really well.

Good luck Dude!. :D

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:58:37 am

Same here, Dude! :)

Dude

Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:27:25 pm

Thanks guys

Today I had an MRI done. When I saw the thing, I didn't know if I wanted to do it or not. I had to lay inside this tube, with a cage over my head! It did have eye holes though, but I had to have an eye patch over my right eye, because I can't blink. The lady told me how long each of the tests would be, so I counted them out. The longest were four minutes, but some were a minute and a half or two or three minutes. The whole thing took about an hour and a half. And it was loud too! She put ear plugs in my ears for me.

So now my neurologist will see the results and tell me whats going on.

I also scheduled an appointment with a physical therapist on the 23rd of this month.

Swarfendor437

Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:31:24 pm

Hope it will speed your aid to recovery Dude! ;) :D