This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Why I will only be using Windows 10 for Gaming!!!

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:16:03 am

Dude

Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:41:43 am

Right now I've got Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my other computer, and I only use that for gaming. Everything else I'm trying to stick to using Zorin.

Anonymous

Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:10:27 am

First of all..I'm not aiming my words at one person !!!!
Below is directed at everyone...common to the subject of the matter !!!! :D :D
If you are a terrorist or suspected of being a terrorist !!!!
You will be tracked 24/7 !!!!
If you do anything majorly illegal [ capital crimes ] and suspected as such !!!! [ all-of-the-above ]
You will be tracked 24/7 !!!!
If you do above average shopping online.
In other words your a online shopaholic !!!!!
They will of course follow you all over the internet recording shopping habits !!!!
Including using the search engine for that purpose !!!!
If you don't have anything in common with the above.
Why are you worried about nothing !!!!
Most people I know don't have a thing to worry about with the snooping.
Microsoft doesn't have time and it is a great waist of money recording everyone's personal data !!!! [ anything everything ]
Microsoft isn't doing anything more... but covering their tail from legal liability in the future.
With Windows 10 advance capabilities > Cortana.... Microsoft will feel some heat from someone... somewhere !!!!
When that day comes their covered !!!!
Apple does the same exact thing !!!!
If you use [ opera ] [ chrome ] [ explorer ] [ firefox [ ... trust me...they already have your personal online habits.
Trust me they could care a less about most people like us.
We are the one's they can't make any money from our online habits.
Privacy on the web is a thing of the past...so you might as well get used to the changes.
For it will get worse !!!!
AS more people go to the internet to make their living... the bad guys come right behind them to steal.
Either throw your computer away in the dumpster and quit the web all together !!!!
or
Deal with the changes that are before us in the present/future !!!!
And if you think that using [ linux ] instead of Windows will save you from being tracked. [ Online Habits ]
Your in for a rude awakening...when you cross the wrong path on the web !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:34:12 am

Well their are add-ons to browsers that stop intrusive trailing of shoppers - just do a search for 'Blockers' in your extensions of your Browser (Firefox | Opera). My own website follows EU protocol, not like the major players who just notify you that we are going to stick a (tracking) cookie - this means you will see those annoying ads from somewhere you have shopped following you around, annoying banners that you would not pay attention to anyway!

As for Privacy that is a different matter - for example, you live in a country that is thinking about Skype for medical consultations which could be forwarded to insurers when it is discovered you have a major health problem. So perhaps Windows 10 could eventually become the AI that Professor Stephen Hawking was talking about!

There is more to life than being a digital stream! :lol: :mrgreen: ;)

So think again, privacy is not just for the terrorists, its for normal folk who want their personal lives to remain personal.

Keep smiling, I know I will! :D :D :D