This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

replacing mint with zorin irritated

tjw5000

Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:32:37 pm

:evil:
I took my first endeavour into linux with mint when installing i have a 4 partitions. / swap home and a small one that i was forsted to make for the OS
i want to just replace my os "/" using unetbootin i made a zorin 11 usb. upon booting to usb i click install zorin 11 and get this error

[0.026147] ignoring BGRT: invalid status 0 (expecting 1)
busybox v1.22.1 (ubuntou 1:1.22.0-15 ubuntu1) builtinshell(ash)
enter 'help' for a list of built in commands

(initramfs) mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on //filesystemsquashfs failed: no such device

can not mount /dev/loop0 (/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs on //filesystem.squashfs

any help greatly appreciated.. i LOVE linux so far but im about ready to say F it with this one.. even tho it looks by far the best to me

Swarfendor437

Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:12:35 pm

tjw5000

Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:36:27 pm

so i need to get a different HDD and load a fresh copy on it? in otherwords this will not work with the mint structure?

that link states it could be a graphics card issue..

i would be ok with doing a fresh install on it as i just proted about 200gigs of music and movies thats on a backup drive. SO i would be ok with a fresh install. but unable to format a drive your booting to

tjw5000

Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:09:29 am

i have all but given up on this destro swapped out to a brand new HDD still same issue. sad because this is my favorite looking destro

tjw5000

Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:40:52 am

update.. first time i kept the filesize in unetbootin at 0 created a new one at 9000mb same resault on mint ssd and fresh.. is this destro ready for release yet? i have tried 1 destro so far and it was literally create usb and install.. polar opposite of this. what am i doing wrong

Swarfendor437

Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:16:56 pm

Hi, can you post a screenshot of your Partitioning? As you state graphics issue, Press F6 during live boot mode, use your cursor keys to go up and down the options and press space bar against:

acpi=off and

nomodeset - this is the graphics part.

then press enter and enter again.

Keep us posted!

PS I don't like unetbootin - much prefer MultiSystem:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8933&hilit=multisystem+multisystem.tar.gz#p43425