This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Is it ok to unistall Zorin like this directly from Windows?

kuhinja

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:45:51 pm

I found this and I like the steps explained, so I wonder is it ok to unistall Zorin like this? Thx
https://itsfoss.com/uninstall-ubuntu-li ... dual-boot/

bassplayer

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:50:55 pm

I don't see why not. Zorin is just a modified version of Ubuntu. Also, as the article states, it really doesn't matter which Linux distro you want to remove from the dual boot scenario.

Swarfendor437

Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:49:08 pm

If you had followed the 'alternative' way that Matthew Moore explained in his You Tube video on how to install GNU/Linux alongside windows without interfering with the mbr then it would be even easier! ;) :D

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12204&p=53820&hilit=Matthew+Moore#p53820

kuhinja

Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:07:43 pm

Thank you all for replying.
I didn't see that video before. :)

I proceeded with the way from the first post after bassplayer confirmed that it would be OK. All went well for those who are wondering the same thing as I was. :mrgreen:

bassplayer

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:19:42 am

kuhinja wrote:Thank you all for replying.

I proceeded with the way from the first post after bassplayer confirmed that it would be OK. All went well for those who are wondering the same thing as I was. :mrgreen:

Glad everything went well. :)

Swarfendor437

Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:05:05 pm

bassplayer wrote:
kuhinja wrote:Thank you all for replying.

Glad everything went well. :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Same here! ;) :D