This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Installation via DVD

NFFCReds1

Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:10:14 am

I note the instructions to install Zorin 12 on the website.

However, as with other Linux distributions, previously I have downloaded ISO image, burned that image to a blank DVD and then set BIOS to boot from DVD drive. This allows me to check in live setting suitability of (any) distribution. The last version didn't display well on my (then) new laptop, All previous ones have been fine with any hardware I've thrown at it. So, I need to know if this method of installation is still available? Being based on Ubuntu and its installation routine I don't see why not.

Many Thanks,

Barrie

Totnes Devon, UK.

Swarfendor437

Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:52:43 pm

Yes you can still download the .iso image to burn to DVD - that is what I have done with Ultimate and Core of the latest release. I also cheated with the Core download by using a download manager (free one) called 'FlareGet'. ;) :D

star treker

Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:38:02 pm

DO I really need to remind you not to use download managers Swarf? Thats like putting your finger in a bulb socket while a kid is playing around with a light switch, just asking for trouble. :D

Swarfendor437

Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:05:16 pm

Not with FlareGet - I used it on Makulu Lindoz Beta without any issue - it is also present on Deepin. ;) :D

I 'think' it works differently to others but not sure - certainly had no issue downloadng Zorin 32-bit core in Makulu and succesffuly burning with Brasero. :D