This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Trying to install Zorin OS 5 Ultimate

smokncars

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:46:44 am

I have a question about installing Zorin OS 5. I changed my BIOS to boot from cd/dvd 1st and it does nothing, but goes into windows 7. i also tried daemon to mount the image. All this does is open up the folder, it does not run zorin, i am not sure what i am doing wrong. Please help.

Wolfman

Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:08:53 pm

Hi,

did you check that the ISO was burned correctly to the disk??. (In case you don't know, you must create an ISO image which is burned to a disk and not just copied!).

Have you checked the disk unders Windows to see if it is readable??.

Please reply with your system specs and what (how) you burnt the disk!!.).

Regards Wolfman :D

smokncars

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:44:03 am

thanks and yes i know i burned it through windows where prompts you that files are waiting to be written to disk then press burn. The only thing I can think of that is messing up my system is I had dual boot with zorin 4 / windows 7. Well there was an update for ubuntu and I just dont think that new system was installed right from when I updated zorin 4. So I just removed the GRUB boot. If you mean readable where it just loads the zorin 5 setup no, I can only view files through daemon and the disk. I downloaded the oz using firefox then used 7 zip to unzip the image.

system is Intel Core Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20 GHz
Ram 4 GB 520 GB harddrive
64-bit windows 7 professional

Thanks for the help.

Wolfman

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:01:26 am

Hi,

you don't want "Burn" a disk, you want to create an "ISO" image, I think this is where you are going wrong.

Open your burner prog and look for the option that says something like, "Create ISO image" and select that, point it to the file you want to use then burn the image at the slowest speed possible.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/wind ... image.html

Hope this helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

smokncars

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:11:13 am

Thanks for all the help the issue was with the burning of the disc. I used image burn and now am replying off Zorin OS 5 instead of windows 7.