This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Dual boot with windows 7

granul

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:24:41 pm

Hi!

I have installed Zorin 5 Ultimate on dual boot with windows 7, everething when ok excepted that windows 7 does not appear in grub menu at startup. I installed Zorin or ubuntu before and I never had that problem. How can I fix the grub menu?

Thank you

granul

Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:04:50 pm

I fix it with an email i received form Zorin :
To fix it please open the Terminal and type in "sudo nautilus" without the quotes and type in your password at the prompt. A file browser window should show up but be careful to not delete anything as this may corrupt your system. On the left pane click on "Filesystem" and go into the "var" folder and then "lib". When you are in /var/lib right click and create a folder called "os-prober" without the quotes. Close the file browser and the Terminal windows and click "Close anyway" if a dialog box opens when closing the Terminal. Now open a new Terminal window and type in "sudo update-grub" without quotes and wait while your system recognizes the other operating systems on your computer. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.