This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[CLOSED] Installing Zorin OS 12.2 problems, black s o d

eromod

Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:04:00 pm

So im trying to installZorin OS 12.2 I get to this screen
DSC_0001.JPG

pressed "Install Zorin OS" and I get this:

DSC_0008.1.jpg

My hardware:

Graphics card: MSI GeForce GTX 970

Motherbord: MSI X99S SLI Plus LGA 2011-v3

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K

Hard Drive: SanDisk Ultra II SSD

I had windows running on this machine last night so I doubt its a problem with my hardware. I verified my download with QuickHash v2.8.4 so I doubt its a problem with the download.

I tried installing it from a DVD and two different USBs...

Update:When I type "modeset=0" then "Exit" and let it re-boot and press "Install Zorin OS" again , I get this screen:

DSC_0009.2.jpg

Update: When I type "modprobe.blacklist=nouveau" then "Exit" , I get this screen:

DSC_0010.1.jpg

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:00:45 pm

Hi, was it Windows 10? If so you may need to change your BIOS to legacy settings. Your boot menu does not look normal. Do you see a blue screen at boot with small person = keyboard? You should always try any live distribution in live mode to ensure no issues. You should press space bar key which should bring up F2 menu to set language. Press escape key then F3 to select keyboard language. Next press F6 to choose additional options such as "nomodeset" and "acpi=off". Personally I have had mixed experience but generally prefer to install from live desktop.

eromod

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:04:43 am

yes,it was windows 10, windows is trippin so going after linux. Tried legacy mode and F6 nomodset with no luck. Tried installing ubuntu 17 and it worked, I have an extra HD to try Zorin again but probably not worth the trouble at this point. Thx tho.