This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Install Stuck

C ol Bond

Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:16:22 pm

I am trying to install Zorin 5.2 as a stand alone Zorin PC. At the boot menu I selected direct install and all went well until the screen "Who are you" came up .
Entering "Your name", got a green tick.
Entering "Your computers name" THAT NAME ALREADY EXISTS ON THE NETWORK" in red , after 10/ 20 times the only acceptable name was "Me".
"me' as a user name was accepted.
Ticked "Login automatically"

The OS install appears to have been completed, I am getting the "Ready when you are" advice. The "Forward" button is not highlighted. Literally I am stuck at the "who are you" screen.
There are TWO other WIN 7 PC's on the network.

HELP!!

Wolfman

Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:04:05 am

Type anything you want when that message comes up, ignore it and simply carry on as if it wasn't there!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

C ol Bond

Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:40:43 pm

Thanks for the replies.
swarfendor437, it makes NO difference whether network PC's are ON or OFF. I had a look at the router/modem settings to see if it stores network names and couldn't find any. I also unplugged the other two PC's from the network, dame result.

Wolfman

Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:32:13 am

Hi,

you don't say whether you are using a 32 or 64 bit version.

Have you tried to boot it fully before you try and install to see if everything is running okay??.

You can also try using a different ISO and like Swarfendor said, burn at the slowest speed possible.

Regards Wolfman :D

C ol Bond

Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:22:12 pm

Thanks Guy's.
Problem solved. The PC has two HDD's, my intention was to install Zorin on one and WIN 7 on the other. Then I could go into the BIOS and swap boot disks for whichever OS I wanted.
The Problem was solved by disconnecting the WIN 7 HDD, install Zorin and then reconnect the WIN 7 HDD. Now both OS's work.

Thanks
Col Bond