This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Zorin-OS-12.2-Lite-32

Gil_

Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:14:04 pm

Hi all,

I am your new member so I want to say "Hi" to you all once again. Now, I am not an expert Linux user but I do understand the concept and the basics. And still, guess what. I have a problem and I think that happened because I was not paying attention to the installation process of the "Zorin-OS-12.2-Lite-32" while it was running. The installation process has finished, or it did not. Let's assume it did. Now, my problem is that I am asked to provide or to set up an user name and a password for an user account but whatever I type in I get an feedback that says "Incorrect password, please try again". Now, I did not set up any account so I am assuming that somewhere during the installation process I was shown the credentials that I am now asked to enter which I missed. Or I have completely missed the "church"?
Then, the installation of Zorin-OS-12.2-Lite-32 is the only one on an 13 years old device, HP compaq nx9105 notebook. The notebook was cleaned with DBAN software, so there were no other OS'es or any type of data on it. So, we have a clean install of Zorin-OS-12.2-Lite-32 on the empty machine. And I am stuck. Any advice?

P.S.

Here is an "screenshot" of the window where I got stuck:
IMAG0003.jpg

Swarfendor437

Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:47:46 am

You need to reinstall and pay attention for when it asks you for your username and provide a password for login purposes. ;) :D

Gil_

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:50:30 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:You need to reinstall and pay attention for when it asks you for your username and provide a password for login purposes. ;) :D

Thanks Swarfendor437, I have came to the same conclusion :) ;).

Swarfendor437

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:21:27 am

Hi, will mark as [SOLVED] :D

Gil_

Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:25:26 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, will mark as [SOLVED] :D

Hi there & sure (although you have already done that), I have tried to do that myself but I could not. Anyway, thx for your reply/help, I appreciate that. Adieu. 8-)