This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Undual Boot

Kryspen

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:07:12 pm

I have a Lenovo laptop which I had running under CloudReady. I partitioned the disc and installed Zorin to dual boot. This seemed to work fine, but I've since learned that CloudReady will not dual.boot so I need to make this a Zorin only machine. Can someone please remind me how to repartition the disc so that Zorin has it all? Can I do this while Zorin is running or am I back to booting from the USB drive and reinstalling?

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:08:19 am

I would backup your critical data first then do a fresh install following the 'something else method' I outlined in the unofficial manual. ;) :D

tld6008

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:00:22 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:I would backup your critical data first then do a fresh install following the 'something else method' I outlined in the unofficial manual. ;) :D

I have seen you replying to many items that seem to be related to a problem I have now. Could you look at this link and see if it is something you could assist me with. https://www.linuxquestions.org/question ... ost6027486

I did post a message on this forum but have not received any attention yet.

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:56:25 pm

tld6008 wrote:
Swarfendor437 wrote:I would backup your critical data first then do a fresh install following the 'something else method' I outlined in the unofficial manual. ;) :D

I have seen you replying to many items that seem to be related to a problem I have now. Could you look at this link and see if it is something you could assist me with. https://www.linuxquestions.org/question ... ost6027486

"colour purple" has answered your question on that forum and please don't hijack other threads in future. Thanks.

tld6008

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:28:56 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:
tld6008 wrote:

"colour purple" has answered your question on that forum and please don't hijack other threads in future. Thanks.

Sorry about the unintentional Hijacking I don't even know what that is. I tried to asked you a private message regarding the question because I didn't understand the answers I was getting from the other forum and I had in the past received usable information from you. I will say I was able to follow some of Purples replies in the end although never really understanding them, which is my fault.