This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Installation stuck in a loop for 8 hours

bilalasifmirza

Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:15:27 pm

Hi
I downloaded zorin os 15 , created a live usb by unetbootin . During installation it seems it is stuck in a loop or something for the last 8-ish hours .
I keep seeing the same type of logs after every 1 hour .
I dont know if its stuck in a loop or it takes this long (which I highly doubt considering I change my os every 2 months and I know 8 hours is extremely odd)
The logs are like the picture attached

Aravisian

Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:05:44 pm

Definitely is stuck in a loop. Are you installing just Zorin OS as a clean install or is it a Dual Boot?
As unpleasant as it is to suggest it- I would suggest starting over completely from scratch and trying again. The installation really shouldn't take long. Almost every installation I have done takes about thirty minutes.
I also prefer Unetbootin to Balena etcher, but you may check over here:
https://zorinos.com/help/install-zorin-os/
and ensure all the steps you take during installation. I offer this to be thorough, as I doubt you missed anything essential in your first attempt.
Every once in a while, an Ubuntu installation doesn't go right. Usually trying again gets it going but if your second attempt fails, we may need to examine what your hardware is and see if there is more you need to do.

Swarfendor437

Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:21:39 pm

You may also want to try:

Rufus: https://rufus.ie/

or MultiSystem: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13887&hilit=+MultiSystem - but you need an installed GNU/Linux OS to run it! ;) :D

bilalasifmirza

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:57:48 am

Update
Sorry for not replying you guys earlier , what I did was basically installed lubuntu by formatting the whole drive . Then again installed zorin os from scratch , for some magical reason it is installing fine right now .
Ill update after its done (hopefully) successfully

bilalasifmirza

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:58:51 am

Also I deselected the install updates and third party software options this time

Swarfendor437

Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:20:41 am

Glad things are progressing! Keep us posted. ;) :D