This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

A Question of Upgrading

fleamour

Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:06:02 am

Hi

I am hoping the XP DE will convince my mother to make the switch from XP to Zorin. She only uses the Internet for banking, light shopping & researching the family tree, Linux should tick all boxes whilst having a huge speed increase over sluggish XP on the same hardware.

As I am to maintain her PC tower, I was wondering how to upgrade when the time comes. I read that Zorin has LTS releases, but the link from main site 'bout upgrades is dead. I've always upgraded Ubuntu with no problems so far, is it a similar process with Zorin?

Thanks!

BTW: Very slick so far, yey fo' Zorin!

madvinegar

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:38:00 am

First of all you will indeed see great difference in speed with Zorin, in comparison with XP.

For all I know, Zorin releases are not upgraded. You have to make a clean install for each version. Only the kernels are upgraded.

pretender

Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:24:11 pm

Hi everyone :)
I'm ffrom Romania,E Europe...
I've one question:ZorinOS 64bit will have in short time a LTS release?Like Ubuntu LTS,I mean...
At firs look,I'd liket very much ZorinOS...are there the same commands in terminal as Ubuntu use?
Thanks a lot :)