This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Reinstall Zorin

PossumNZ

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:52:51 pm

I have Windows 7 on my laptop and have just installed Zorin as a second operating system.

All well with the install of Zorin and I thought I was finally free of the Windows security problems when I noticed when browser the web with chrome I have brought across from Windows the spyware program about blank.

It must of infected the my iso Zorin download when I used the program freeisoburner in Windows. :evil:

So what I am thinking of doing is downloading the Zorin again, this time not on a Windows computer.....and my queston is... can I reinstall Zorin on my laptop and have it as my only operating system wiping out Windows 7 which I never use and can I do a fresh install of Zorin?

Would I have to uninstall Zorin first before a new install of Zorin

Any suggestions please :idea:

madvinegar

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:30:07 am

If you download a clean iso and burn it in a DVD, you can start the installation process and when asked in the installation options, you will chose to install only Zorin (and not install zorin in parallel with any other OS).
Just be carefull to chose your main hard drive and not any other smaller partition.

The system will then say to you that your whole hard drive will be wiped off, also deleting any other smaller partitions, and zorin will be installed as your main and only OS.

Wolfman

Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:17:12 am

Hi,

before you completely erase Windows, run the live CD and make sure that it runs correctly and that all your hardware functions without problems. ie: Sound, Wifi, Network card and Graphics!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

madvinegar

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:08:04 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

before you completely erase Windows, run the live CD and make sure that it runs correctly and that all your hardware functions without problems. ie: Sound, Wifi, Network card and Graphics!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Good point wolfman. ;)

PossumNZ

Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:59:40 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I am still running Zorin on my Laptop from first install. All my hardware functions, sound, Wifi and graphics are working well.

So looks like I am good to do a fresh install and have Zorin as my only operating system.

Cheers

madvinegar

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:16:05 pm

PossumNZ wrote:
So looks like I am good to do a fresh install and have Zorin as my only operating system.

I did that 2 weeks ago (completely removed the second boot with the win7) so I know the feeling. It was refreshing... :D
Now its only great old Zorin that occupies my hard drive.

Good luck with the installation!