This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

MACBOOK - USB DRIVE NOT BOOTABLE

Molecola

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:20:00 pm

hello
honestly the subject says it all: i downloaded zorin lite (15.2-64 bit) and flashed the iso onto my kingston 8 gb usb drive using latest version of balera etcher, which confirmed the flashing process was successful. when i try to boot my 2008 white macbook from the usb drive via the apple boot menu (alt/opt+power button), the grey apple boot screen displays my two existing snow leopard partitions with their proprietary apple recovery partition, but not the zorin usb install drive. i re-flashed the drive, same story: flashing successful, no bootable. help needed, please! thanks in advance.

Aravisian

Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:35:55 pm

Molecola wrote:hello
honestly the subject says it all: i downloaded zorin lite (15.2-64 bit) and flashed the iso onto my kingston 8 gb usb drive using latest version of balera etcher, which confirmed the flashing process was successful. when i try to boot my 2008 white macbook from the usb drive via the apple boot menu (alt/opt+power button), the grey apple boot screen displays my two existing snow leopard partitions with their proprietary apple recovery partition, but not the zorin usb install drive. i re-flashed the drive, same story: flashing successful, no bootable. help needed, please! thanks in advance.

How did you format the USB deive? MS-DOS (FAT)?
With the USB stick inserted, did you start the computer with Option/alt (⌥) pressed?

Swarfendor437

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:31:22 pm