This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] Imprimante scanner Ricoh Aficio MP-C2030

Petitben

Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:14:34 pm

Good morning, everyone,
Thank you for helping me install my Ricoh Aficio MP-C2030 printer scanner.
It is not possible to install automatically and it is impossible to find compatible drivers for this MP-C2030 model.
I look forward to hearing from you, thank you in advance.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Petitben

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:24:18 pm

Hi, and welcome! I've taken a look at Ricoh's official support page and they only support Windows and as for Other OS/Firmware they only support SAP - looking under general drivers they don't list your printer either, only the later models such as the 2050 - you could try installing that to see if it works:

Screenshot_20200814_212000.jpeg

In the days when Canon i865 was not supported I installed Canon 8800 driver based on what printers the ink cartridges supported - that could be a starting point? ;) :D

Petitben

Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:23:25 pm

Hello,
Thank you very much for that answer.
In fact, I have tried all the drivers including the C2050 but none of them work with my printer.
Thanks again for the advice, I will test newer drivers.

Petitben

Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:10:26 pm

Good evening, sir,
Thanks to all those who answered me and tried to find a solution.
Having no alternative, I stay on windows for my production (too bad for me) and maybe I'll give credit to linux when my ricoh printer will have returned the soul.
Thanks again to all of you

Swarfendor437

Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:46:05 am

Hi, Sadly that is never going to happen and that is down to Ricoh nobody else. If you had a Canon all-in-one that would be a different story. ;) :D

Petitben

Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:07:36 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, Sadly that is never going to happen and that is down to Ricoh nobody else. If you had a Canon all-in-one that would be a different story. ;) :D

Thanks but if I had "Canon" I might not ask a question on the forum !!!
On the other hand, I have a Laser Brother that works very well on Linux Mint ... but the subject that interests me is :
Ricoh Aficio MP-C2030

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:03:22 pm

No guarantees but you could try using CUPS:

https://helpdeskgeek.com/linux-tips/how ... on-ubuntu/

It does state that CUPS will only work in respect of Printing, not scanning. I would suggest you give the demo of vuescan a go:

https://www.hamrick.com/