This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Installer Reboots System

Endimar

Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:56:32 pm

I am new to Linux, and to Zorin. I downloaded the 32 bit version of Zorin 5.2 and checked the iso. I burned it to a dvd and verified the dvd is working. I put the disc in the drive, booted the computer, and I get the boot menu. When I click on any of the options though, it starts to boot and then the system reboots. I ran the mem check utility on the cd and it works, and the RAM is fine. I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 cpu, with the AMD K8 Chipset, and 2 gigs of ram. The computer is a dell optiplex 740. It currently has Windows 8 developer preview on it, and it runs and loads everything fine. I am trying to burn another copy of the iso right now, but should I switch to 64bit? If that doesn't work is there anything else I can try? I would really like to work with linux and learn more about it. I chose Zorin as an intro because it seems like it is so easy to use.

Wolfman

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:37:18 pm

Hi,

did you burn the disk at the slowest possible speed, if not, do so again at min speed!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Endimar

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:43:20 pm

I am doing that right now. Slowest possible speed.

Endimar

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:01:59 pm

Still a no go. I am going to try it in a different computer to see if it is the discs or the computer.

First dvd is a coaster, it won't boot on the laptop. Second dvd boots fine on a dell Vostro 1000. I will just use the laptop. Thanks for all the help.

Wolfman

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:03:53 pm

Hi,

did you also try, "Safe Graphics Mode" ??.

Regards Wolfman :D