This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Dutch language

epvoosterom

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:31:13 am

Why i can't install de Dutch language. In Ubuntu u can install a lot languages.
with de install I can selected Nederlands. en go verder.
How can I change mij language?

My exuses for my bad English.

madvinegar

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:28:15 am

Go to system>administration>language support. (or if you are using the win7 look, go through the control center).

In the first tab (language) click on "add/remove language" and then select from the list "Dutch".

After the installation takes place, click and drag the dutch language onto the higher spot of the list and click on "apply system-wide".
Then go to the second tab (regional formats), select from the list "Dutch" and click on "apply system-wide".

Exit, reboot and hopefully everything will be in the dutch language.

Wolfman

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:30:48 pm

epvoosterom

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:34:21 pm

mijn desktop stay in english, but i want a dutch language.
i did what you rote, but it wil not change a thing.
is there may by a nother way to fix this problem?

Wolfman

Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:50:36 am

Hi,

MV has explained it to you, in the list, click on the language you want with a left mouse click and hold the mouse button down and move the language you want to the top of the list, then click on "Apply System Wide" and restart your PC!!.

For example, if I want English over American English, I move it up the list!!.

Did you read the How-To I posted??.

Regards Wolfman :D

Language Support_010.png
Language Support_010.png (53.75 KiB)

madvinegar

Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:30:32 am

And also, very importantly, you have to do the same at the "regional formats" tab, i.e. chose the Dutch language and click on "apply system wide".

When you reboot or re-loggon you will be asked if you want to make the changes to all the menus permanent. You click "yes" and hopefully all your menus will be in Dutch.

epvoosterom

Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:13:27 am

Thanks everybody who did help me.
I try this yesterday and first it disn't work but after 3 times try it works. now is my zorin in dutch language.

Wolfman

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:06:52 am

goed voor je :D

Met betrekking tot Wolfman :D