This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 5.2 Ultimate

l2ulinux

Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:35:18 am

How big is the file of Zorin OS 5.2 Ultimate when you download it? I wanted to buy it and download it, so I wanted to know which computer to use and when would be the best time to do it. Any and all help needed.

Auldyin

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:48:00 am

Hi I2ulinux
Don't know the size of the ultimate but the core is 1.1GB so its between 1.1GB and 4.5GB approx, it fits a DVD. If your internet is slow I would try overnight and if in Europe I would recommend from Ireland(HEAnet) . Lucky you, I've only got one computer but any one should do.

Cheers Auldyin

:D :D :D :D :D

thstahler

Fri May 18, 2012 7:52:38 pm

I am actually downloading the Zorin OS 5.2 Ultimate file now on my computer as we speak. It is a 3.7GB file and is roughly taking my old computer 3 hours to download it. It was a simple purchase, once one enters their credit card information on the PayPal payment site. Upon payment, It took me to a download link with no alternative download loactions to be found. Download took a long time, But was not difficult. It is best suggested to download the file using the FireFox web browser.

Before deciding on using Zorin OS, I was facing a hard choice between Linux Mint 12 and Pinguy OS 11.04. I eliminated Pinguy OS 11.04 right off the bat as a system to dual boot with Windows 7, because it has not come out with any updated in quite a whiIe, unless of course you count the unfinished Beta release of 11.10 which a final version of was never officially released. The question I now wonder about Pinguy OS is to whether it will fall to the wayside much to the likeness of Mandriva. I decided that a simple, familiar, and easy to navigate user interface was perfect for much of what I need from an operating system. As much as I love fancy icons and colorful eye candy, a lot of the Gnome Shell and Unity desktop environments just didn't quite seem to fit my need for a stable desktop environment that just works right out of the box. Thanks for reading. :-)