This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Error during installation

ThiefPL

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:29:33 am

Hi am getting an error while i try to install the OS. I am first time user so i got no idea what am doing wrong. BTW i get this error

I found a way to fixed this error by not checking the Encrypt my home folder check box during the installation.

madvinegar

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:18:11 am

First of all make sure that the iso you downloaded has been checked for errors and that you have burned it into a DVD using the lowest possible speed.

Try then to install the OS not by entering into live mode, but by selecting the 3rd option during boot (i.e. the one that says "start the installer directly).

georgeclinux

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:07:44 am

Didnt get around to trying with update options deselected but if multibooting linux in extended partition try booting from another OS and from terminal:

sudo update-grub

then select Zorin when listed in new boot menu after reboot.

After trying several times unsuccessfully with disk this worked for me. The installation seems to be intact before installer crashes and updates normally once booted (well worth persevering for a very nice user friendly stable OS).

madvinegar

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:15:29 am

Glad you got it shorted out!

madvinegar

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:12:37 pm

oops sorry. I though it was posted by the OP. :oops:

9buck9

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:02:02 am

its the same error for me ! and it crash my windows ...