This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Problem with partition

joheath

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:52:13 am

Hi,

I'm trying to install Zorin on my HP laptop. I downloaded the iso file, created a live USB, started the installation by double-clicking the icon...all good so far. But then the installer doesn't give me the option to install Zorin alongside Windows 7, it only gives me two options: delete windows 7 or something else. So, I chose something else, probably messed up the partition a little bit, didn't delete anything and quit. Now I can't boot into Windows anymore I can only boot in Zorin with the live USB.
I've attached a screenshot of my gparted. Could anyone please help me by either explaining to me how to do the partition or how to manage to boot into windows again? It would be truly appreciated!

Thanks

Wolfman

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:09:22 pm

Hi,

please also see this how-to on partitioning and installing Ubuntu based systems!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

joheath

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:40:58 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks so much! Problem solved! I successfully installed Zorin but still couldn't boot into windows so I had to re-install windows which deleted Zorin (!) and then I carefully followed swarfendor437's how-to :) and finally have both installed. Now if that causes overheating I'll cool it down with my tears - I don't want to go through this again :D

And no worries Wolfman I found the link on partitioning

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/gparted.html

very helpful and well written!

Thanks again - I truly appreciate your help! You're the best! :D

madvinegar

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:25:10 am

Swarf's "how-tos" is the safest way to go. :mrgreen:
Glad you got it fixed!

Wolfman

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:37:32 am

Hi,

Glad to hear you got it sorted!!. :D

Sorry about not posting the partitioning link but it is in the How-To section and a very good one!!.

Swarf's How-To is of course also very good for beginners!! :D

Regards Wolfman :D