This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

problem installing any Zorin-os

elvis0288

Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:07:10 am

hi my problem is that i used to have zorin-os 3.2 and then i change to zorin 5.2 and everything works fine.. now i bought a new computer with an 1gb ati radeon and i7 quad core hp dv7 with 8 gb ram but when i try to boot zorin 3.2 or 5.2 to make the installation the screen just create like cells and freeze but the sound of the zorin starting up works fine but the image does not work at all so i think it should be something with the graphic card but it does not let me install zorin please help what can i do because i do not like any other distro at all thank you...

madvinegar

Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:22:18 am

Try installing Zorin from the boot menu and not from the live desktop.

i.e. in the 1st boot menu, do not choose the 1st option (start with live session) but choose the 3rd option (start the installer directly).

elvis0288

Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:06:13 pm

i already try all of them even safe mode everything and always start loading then the screen freeze and the souinds come but anything else happen

elvis0288

Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:58:29 pm

yes it is that one exactly but my is customized so yes the same laptop i tried 64 bit then 32 bit and nothing i trying everything already

elvis0288

Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:13:19 pm

yes like i said the same one i used for the old computer working perfect... when is 6 suppose to be release??