This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Stuck at Authentication

Chubbychip

Mon May 07, 2012 5:32:34 pm

Hi
Have downloaded Core 5.52 32bit version. Have burnt image at slowest speed using Ultra ISO and Imgburn.
The problem that I'm having is that the DVD boots up to what looks like a desktop with a grey box in the centre. In the grey box is a line with the word Other..
If I click on this line I am asked for a username and then a password. I read in an article that the username is "live" and the password is blank.
Keep getting "Authentication Failure".
Please help as I would love to try this O.S.
Many thanks

Wolfman

Mon May 07, 2012 6:09:44 pm

Hi,

select normal boot mode first (the first one in the list), if that fails, select the option which is boot in safe vesa mode, don't try and install before making sure that it works on your PC!!.

Check the internet and sound before commiting to an install which you can do using the desktop icon!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Chubbychip

Mon May 07, 2012 6:54:41 pm

Many thanks for the quck reply Wolfman

First of all I am using a new hard drive with nothing on it, so can't lose anything. Have been biten before.
I have tried all the options on the menu and end up at the same screen.

Regards
Chubbychip

Wolfman

Mon May 07, 2012 7:56:07 pm

Hi Chubbychip,

sounds like a bad burn the way you describe it or you have a dodgy ISO file, you may want to try it again (burning) at the slowest possible speed with only one burn program; from a different download location!.

Chubbychip

Mon May 07, 2012 9:01:13 pm

Yer at the moment am downloading the lite version. will take a bit of time - but i will come back and let you know the results in the morning.

Many thanks for you interest and help

Regards'
Chubbychip

Chubbychip

Tue May 08, 2012 6:06:27 am

Hi Wolfman

Update: Downloaded the Lite version which worked fine and so decided to download the Core 5 version again but this time using another download server.
It works - it works - it works!!!
Many thanks for your help
BTW first impressions of the OS looks really goods

Regards
Chubbychip

Wolfman

Tue May 08, 2012 7:03:54 am

Hi Chubbychip,

glad to hear it :D :D :D