This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Question regarding Zorin OS 6 RC upgradeability

gbts

Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:13:04 am

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to the Zorin OS community and, hence, am not entirely familiar with the development process. I apologize if this question seems naive, but if I installed ver. 6 Release Candidate, will there be an upgrade path to the stable version? Since the RC is a development version, I understand there might be some bugs (and I'm more than willing to live with those), but my question is if I install the RC would I be able to simply upgrade/patch to the stable version or would I have to reinstall the entire OS (reconfigure, backup all my data, etc.) once the stable version is released?

Thanks in advance for your help!

madvinegar

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:36:43 am

You will have to perform a clean install of the stable version, so I suggest that you wait a little till its out.

Wolfman

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:05:29 am

Hi,

if you install the pre-release version and it does indeed have a few bugs; you might well have them on the home partition so it is wise to do a complete install of the final version, you could risk just installing the root (base OS) only but there might be a problem with some of the config files!!. So do a complete install to be on the safe side!!.

Regards Wolfman :D