This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

re-installing zorin.

Solidor

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:07:57 am

I've had zorin for just over 5 months now and I've loved using it, I'm very pleased with it, but unfortunately something has gone wrong with a few key files that cannot be rectified, even with the terminal. My charger failed me during an update and since then I've not been able to install or update any programs or the OS itself.

So I've decided to start fresh with a new re-install, however I don't have access to disks or USB (which I used last time) to create a boot up disk/usb, the ones I have are far too small. Would is be safe to install from the control centre or will I have to wait until I can create a boot disk/usb?

Wolfman

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:16:00 am

Hi,

try these how-to's first and let us know if this helps:

Start with option 3 on the first link!!.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1618

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1694

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1617

Regards Wolfman :D

Solidor

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:51:59 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

try these how-to's first and let us know if this helps:

Start with option 3 on the first link!!.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1618

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1694

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1617

I imagine you prevent a lot of head aches around here, great help solved the problem first try :D

However, something else I was wondering -- my girlfriend tried to install a new theme (something I wont even attempt besides new themes) and started with a third party Dock, however since messing around with the theme settings something quite unusual has happened, now whenever we open any programs it does not show up on the default dock, we've already got rid of the 3rd party dock but the problem didn't recede. Any way I can simply restore the theme/animations etc back to default "out of the box" so to speak without a loss of data? I miss when the start menu used to shatter into blocks :(

Wolfman

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:14:36 am

Hi,

open themes and then select the theme you currently have and then on "Default Settings", try that first and let us know if it helps!!.

You can also install Ubuntu Tweak to adjust themes settings:

http://ubuntu-tweak.com/

(Download the correct version for your your current OS!!)