This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Internal error

vikrang

Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:30:55 pm

I have installed Zorin 6 - 64 Bit edition in my laptop...It boots fine , but after say , 5 minutes of logging , I get 2 error dialog boxes . The first one says , "Sorry Unexpected Internal Error , Report Problem/ continue?" I clicked report problem and continued ...Then again after 2 minutes another error dialog box with the same error appears , but this time with a "Details" Tab. On clicking , it says /usr/sbin/aptd which I believe has to do something with the apt daemon. I have installed all the updates and system is currently up to date...This behaviour recurs on every boot.. How do I resolve this error?

Wolfman

Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:17:10 pm

Hi,

it seems to be a problem with Ubuntu directly and basically we will have to live with it until such times as it has been fixed!!.

You can try running the following command in a terminal to see if it helps:

sudo dpkg --configure -a

Regards Wolfman :D

madvinegar

Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:24:19 pm

As WM said, this is a minor bug. The error reports you get are usually nothing significant (unless you have actually seen any real problem to your system).
One temporary solution (until a fix is out) to get rid of this annoyance is this.

Open terminal and write:
Code:
sudo gedit /etc/default/apport

A file will open. Change the line
enabled=1
to
enabled=0

Save and exit. This will stop the annoying error message from poping up. If you like to get it back you can change the "enabled" value from "1" back to "0".

WM, if you want we can make a sticky out of this post.

Wolfman

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:17:54 am

Hi MV,

nice of you to ask my opinion but it really isn't necessary :D :D :D

By all means make a sticky out of this thread!!.

Regards Wolfman :D