This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Asking all remaining processes to stop... STUCK

su1cidalduck

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:18:55 pm

I have downloaded Zorin OS 6 Core and I burnt it to a DVD-R disk and it installed perfectly fine and asked me to reboot which I did. Now the screen is stuck and won't reboot. The last line of text it shpws is *Asking all remaining processes to terminate...

It's been like this for two hours now and I was wondering whether I should just hold down the power button to shut it down.
I am new to both Zorin and Linux so please don't completely bamboozle me with terminal jargon which I won't understand.

Thanks Tim

Wolfman

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:25:35 pm

Hi Tim,

press Ctrl + Alt + Del and restart your PC, when the menu shows up, select the 2nd option which is recovery menu, go to "Network" to activate the network, once that is done, go to "dpkg" and run that. Restart your PC. (You must have a cable connection, it won't work with Wifi)

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Regards Wolfman :D

su1cidalduck

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:50:49 pm

Hi Wolf man, thanks for your quick reply. Just a few questions and problems:

1) Should I then just hold down the power button to turn off the computer?

2)There is no way of getting a cable connection because my router is downstairs and my computer is upstairs and I can't move it temporarily downstairs because there really isn't room.

Thanks for your help, Tim

su1cidalduck

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:07:31 pm

FIXED IT. Just needed to hit enter :3. My bad.