This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Why does Zorin turn into Easy Peasy on a desktop PC?

duckegg

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:16:14 am

When I run Zorin's live cd, it runs as Easy Peasy version 1.6.
This is not happening on a netbook - it's happening on a desktop PC with an i7 processor, nVidia graphics card and 4GB of memory!
I've had earlier versions of Mint and Ubuntu do this and can't find any reference of it happening to anyone else.
I've never installed Easy Peasy.
Could it be something to do with remastered versions of Ubuntu?
Any thoughts on this ??

Wolfman

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:39:30 am

Hi,

sounds like you downloaded "Easy" from somewhere, can you post the link where you got the ISO file from so we can check it out, did you download from the Zorin site??.

http://www.zorin-os.com/free.html

Regards Wolfman :D

duckegg

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:28:59 am

Wolfman
Thanks for your reply.
I got Zorin off of a DVD that came with the APC Magazine (Australian Personal Computer).
I have subsequently installed it on my wife's laptop (Celeron dual processor) without any trouble, and it runs fine there!!
I have never downloaded 'Easy', but it has installed on my PC when I tried to install Mint 12 and some earlier versions of Ubuntu !
I have concluded that perhaps 'Easy" is included in all these distros as the default for simple web-book computers and for some strange reason it reads my desktop PC as one of those!
It is baffling and totally frustrating!

Wolfman

Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:22:33 am

Hi,

often on Linux PC mags; there are more than one OS on the disks and you may have simply clicked on the wrong one, Easy as far as I know is dead (or at least outdated now) and has been for a while!!.

How old is the magazine you have??.

Download the Zorin ISO from the link above.

Regards Wolfman :D