This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Install on Fedora pc. HELP!!!

petersonlevi88

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:01:45 pm

I want to install Zorin 64 bit core. I am currently running Fedora 17 64 bit. It will not recognize to save to usb or burner. I have multiple software.Also, my downloads say they are downloading into the downloads folder, but when finished do not stay there and am unable to access from any other than browser download selection folder. I need to download to HDD and do a direct install. I want to overwrite and abandon Fedora. I only have 1GB flash and 700MB CD-RW and the Zorin file is 1.4 GB. Help please... :roll:

Wolfman

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:30:18 pm

Hi,

when you click to download the ISO, you can tell the downloader where you want to put in advance, open: FireFox > Edit > Preferences > General > Browse and point it to a folder!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

petersonlevi88

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:24:33 pm

Thank you, I will try

petersonlevi88

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:22:53 pm

It worked!!! Having problems getting to run though???

Wolfman

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:35:25 am

Copy of PM:

"Hello Wolfman. I really appreciate you help on the saving of Zorin on Fedora. I need one last bit of help if you are willing. How do I make it run?? I want to make it my primary os and the rest can be formatted. Fedora is fun until it comes to saving and running files. I run Ubuntu 64 bit on my other machine and like it. I do not have access to a disc large enough to burn this file to so I need a direct install from my save on this PC. Any advice pls?? Thank you, Levi"

Hi Levi,

you cannot run it directly from the ISO, you either have to buy/borrow a larger USB stick or buy/borrow an external DVD burner to create a disk, there is no other way round it!!.

Please see also:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1741

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/

Regards Wolfman :D