This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Installing Zorin 6 on Acer Aspire One D270

nscroggs

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:30:44 pm

:shock: I just bought a new Acer Aspire One model D270 netbook. It came with Windows 7 Starter Edition, which works fairly well with the 1GB of RAM the unit comes equipped with. However, since all of my other computers dual boot Windows 7 or Windows Vista and Zorin-OS, I though I'd try Zorin 6 on the new one. BIG MISTAKE... After the desktop loads any movement on the Synaptics touch pad produces instant instability of the video driver. The screen flashes between multiple windows, all of them unresponsive to gestures or clicks. I've got to scrap Zorin 6 somehow and try something else. Any suggestions? :roll:

madvinegar

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:42:39 pm

Try Zorin 5.2. I have it installed in an acer aspire one d250 with 1Gb ram and atom processor and it works just great. Fast and reliable.

nscroggs

Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:10:02 pm

Thanks, I'm working now on a bootable Zorin 5.2 USB thumb drive so that I can use gparted to start over.

madvinegar

Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:13:12 pm

Before installing, load the live usb, use the live desktop/session for a while and check the everything works.

jeson3

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:19:31 am

Hi,
I am currently using its latest version.