This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Can't install

Tpowel

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:37:13 pm

Hi,
I have an Acer Aspire running Windows 8. I'm trying to install Zorin but I get a message SYSLINUX 4.06 EED 4.07 PRE7 COPYRIGHT (C) 1994-2012 H. PETER ANVIN ET AL I've used the pen drive on another computer (win xp) and it installed fine. I've upgraded to Win8 so protective boot isn't installed. Is this a problem because of win8 or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Wolfman

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:35:47 am

Hi,

can you give us some more details about your PC, that is a standard message, how far do you get other than that message, have you tried "Safe Mode" in the boot menu, have you tried "nomodeset" ?:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132

Let us know what else you have tried.

Regards Wolfman :D

new2zorin

Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:29:23 am

Tpowel wrote:Hi,
I have an Acer Aspire running Windows 8. I'm trying to install Zorin but I get a message SYSLINUX 4.06 EED 4.07 PRE7 COPYRIGHT (C) 1994-2012 H. PETER ANVIN ET AL I've used the pen drive on another computer (win xp) and it installed fine. I've upgraded to Win8 so protective boot isn't installed. Is this a problem because of win8 or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

I also have run into a similar situation. I went from ubuntu 10.04 -> updates -> upgrade 12.04 -> zorin os 6 lite on usb with ubuntu start disk creator -> reboot -> clicked F12 -> have a dell xps m140 Laptop -> I get DOS -> Use the up - and down - arrow keys to move the pointer to the desired boot device. Press [ Enter to attempt the boot or Esc to cancel.] my options - Internal HDD - USB Storage -> Syslinux 3.63 Debian - 2012 - 04 - 16 EBIOS Copyright (c) 1994 - 2008 H.Peter Anvin
boot:
_
CD/DVD/CD-RWDRIVE - On Board NIC -
BIOS Setup -> Blue Screen DOS
- Diagnosis
i am interested in zorin but can't get past this. The same thing on my eeepc 1000 with ubuntu 11.04. If anybody can help i am new to ubuntu thanks.