This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Graphics Issue

darkstorm

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:38:55 pm

Hey guy,

I'm very new to Zorin and would like some assistance if possible. The issue is every time when I reboot a message pops up saying that Zorin is running is low graphics mode and no matter what I do the message keeps showing.

During the install I also ran into a graphics problem where I had to run the "no nomodeset" command to boot. Could anyone please help me get rid of the graphics issue after booting as I have already installed the latest nvidia drivers and they are active.

I'm using the 550TI graphics card.

Thanks,

Wolfman

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:25:41 pm

Hi,

start your PC in "recovery Mode" and drop to root shell AFTER YOU HAVE CLICKED ON "NETWORK". (You must have a network cable plugged in, it won't work with Wifi!!!!!)

Type the following commands in the window:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install nvidia-current

Then restart your PC using "Ctrl + Alt + Del".

let us know if this helps.

Regards Wolfman

darkstorm

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:43:16 pm

Hi Wolfman,

I tried the instruction you gave and get an error message "Cannot access PPA (https://launchpad.net/api/1.0/~ubuntu-x ... e/x-update) to get PPA information, please check your internet connection." I did also select "Network" first, I even tried it on terminal within the GUI still same message and I am connected to the Internet as pages open in my browser.

The windows also tend to turn blank often and I then need to minimize and then reopen, I think this is also part of the graphics issue tho.

Please advise,
Thanks.

Wolfman

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09:28 am

Hi,

it isn't connecting to the internet in recovery mode and that is why you are getting that message!!. (You are using a cable aren't you?????)

Try it again and if you have the time; try running "dpkg" first and try booting again, don't forget to activate the "Network" before you run "dpkg".

Let us know if this helps.

Regards Wolfman :D