This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

DEPENDENCY IS NOT SATISFIABLE

rejul22j

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:43:43 am

hi
when i tried to install cinelerra (video editor) audacity, lives. through gdebi a message displayed dependency is not satisfiable. what should i do. how can i install cinnelerra in zorin os. plzzzzzz help ..

rejul22j

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:48:30 am

not only for cinelerra , i want to install audacity.
is there any easy way. can anyone tell me how to install how to install software that are unsatisfied dependency. i m new to linux. any step by step method.plzzzzzzzzz helps friends...

rejul22j

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:10:28 am

then what to do for installing those softwares?

rejul22j

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:16:06 am

i heard dat cinelerra is similar to adobe premeire. thats why i m looking for cinelerra.is openshot similar to cinelerra? i love video n audio editing . i tried to install cinelerra with that tutor but i dont have any internet connection too. since i m new to linux i dont know how to install a third party software also.next time i ll copy and bring what are the errors whn i tried to install cinelerra, thank u friend

nmarques

Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:27:52 pm

Hi everyone i just managed to install Cinelerra. If anyone is interested this is the steps I've taken:

1. Open a Terminal.
2. Type the following 'sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cinelerra-ppa/ppa' press Enter
3. Now type the following 'sudo apt-get update' Enter
4. And last type the following 'sudo apt-get install cinelerra-cv' Enter

Hope that helps also I'm using 6.1 Ultimate.