This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Stalled at "Creating User"

RichD

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:25:50 pm

Installing from DVD. Stalling at the same point of "Creating User" no matter whether installing from the DVD iso or launching the DVD version and installing from the desktop. New user here. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Computer:
HP nc2400 (notebook)
1gb Ram
HD is 80GB
No other OS installed
Connected to internet

Thanks in advance,
Cosmotime

RichD

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:16:35 pm

swarfendor437, thank you. This is very helpful. I will review the guide and report back.

-RichD

RichD

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:26:32 pm

swarfendor437 - a follow-up question. The guide talks about using Windows to reallocate partitions and shrink their sizes but I do not have Windows installed. There is no OS installed and the drive was wiped. Again, sorry for the question. If I need to read more carefully, just let me know. I want to be respectful of your time.

RichD

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:32:00 pm

swarfendor437, much appreciated. That is some excellent information. I was asking it to encrypt the home folder so there is one of many lessons learned. No caps in the name... good...about the only mistake that I did not make. I will try these and report back. Again, many thanks for you helpfulness and promptness!

RichD

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:46:39 pm

swarfendor437, your guidance worked perfectly. Thanks to your easy to follow instructions, I am up and going in no time! Many, many thanks for your help.

Admin - might be nice to sticky swarfendor437 instructions. They made all of the difference.