This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Linux Zorin on android tablet > Luke

Anonymous

Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:01:03 pm

Hi I'm new here I've been interested in Linux and tested out a few flavours over the last year

I'm currently thinking of getting a tablet and installing Linux Zorin OS 6.1 lite
http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=07410
on it so it could dual boot it with the android OS.

If you could let me know how to install it properly on the tablet it would be most appreciated.

My storage plan is
Android: 8 GB internal memory
Linux: 32 GB SD card.

Tablet specs:

CPU : Rockchip 1.4GHz X 2
Graphics Processor : Mali 400 MHz x 4
Touchscreen : 5 point multi touch capacitive resolution 800 x 480
Operating System : Android 4.1 JELLY BEAN
Memory : 1GB DDR III / 8GB NAND Flash - upgradeable by Micro SD memory card (max 32GB)
WiFi : 802.11 b/g/n
Connectivity : 1 x Micro SD slot, 1 x AC Jack, 1 x 3.5mm Earphone Jack, 1 x Mini USB,
Battery : 4000mAh
Camera : 0.3mp Front facing Contents : 1 x Instructions, 1 x OTG Cable, 1 x UK Charger, 1 x USB Cable
Android Market / Google Play Store : YES
G Sensor : YES
3G : Requires HUAWEI E1750 Dongle available separately
Dimensions : 181 x 112 x 11mm
Weight : 365g

Luke

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:12:14 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Here you go:

http://galaxytabhacks.com/galaxy-tab-10 ... 1-tabuntu/

Thanks Datek1 and Swarfendor437 for the help but taht work on a Natpc M009S X2-L 8GB dual core android tablet PC with jelly bean (Android 4.1)
and is there a guide that shows how to
1/ back up the tablet
2/ Root the tablet
3/ install Linux Zorin as a dual boot properly on the tablet

And do I have this thread in the right forum section or should it be moved to help and support or how to's and tuts?

Luke

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:27:34 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:You are in the right section friend. Help and support is really for issues that arise post-install, How-tos and Tutorials are not for problems but a place to post solutions, work-arounds and how to go about doing things that might be of benefit to members. I am not aware of any definitive guide but you could start by searching YouTube or other viral channels to see what is out there or check forums concerned with the model of Android Tablet you are thinking of purchasing - I would start there. I just did a brief 'DuckDuckGo' and posted what I found.

Good Luck!

If there is any forum member who has undertaken a similar project it would be good if they could post here!

Thanks for clearing that up Swerfendor437, I have tried youtube and google but only got the same on a different page/forum and only got reviews on youtube but thanks I'll try give it another go along with duck duck go.

and if anyone done anything similar and posts thanks.