This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 6.2 Lite is Finally out !!!!

Anonymous

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:12:12 am

Zorin OS 6.2 Lite is Finally out for Download > Distrowatch/Zoringroup : http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=07709 OR http://zorin-os.com/lite.html

Artyom Zorin has announced the release of Zorin OS 6.2 "Lite" edition, an updated release of the project's Ubuntu-based lightweight distribution (with LXDE) designed for new Linux users: "The Zorin OS team has released Zorin OS 6.2 Lite, the latest evolution of the Zorin OS Lite series of operating systems, designed specifically for Windows users using old or low-powered hardware. This release is based on Lubuntu 12.04.2 and uses the LXDE desktop environment to provide one of the fastest and most feature-packed interfaces for low-spec machines. This new release includes newly updated software out of the box. We also include our innovative Zorin Look Changer, Zorin Internet Browser Manager, Zorin OS Lite Extra Software and other programs from our earlier versions in Zorin OS 6.2 Lite.

>>>> MD5sum: 0a7ec53b74a89663e1f0bf2b661e3b48 <<<<

The rest will more than likely follow soon !!! :D :D :D

Luke

Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:47:45 am

Thanks Datek1 and does this mean that there will be a 6.2 core version in the coming weeks or months or is 6.1 core a LTS?

Anonymous

Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:16:14 pm

Me and the son have tinkered around with the daily builds of Raring Ringtail Ubuntu 13.04, and like what we see in the final development stages.. Like Swarfendor said and would know Zorin OS 6 is the current LTS. Being Zorin Group was so creative, so energetic with Zorin OS 6.2 Lite. I won't be a bit surprised if we see a dandy Zorin OS 7 Core/Ultimate being pulled from the ( Magic Hat) soon after the release of Ubuntu 13.04. And Ubuntu 14.04 would be the next Zorin OS 8 LTS. Let me remind you all these are simple guesses and not hard facts. I guess we'll see soon enough as to what the future holds for the next release of Zorin OS.

hawkman

Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:56:14 pm

is it possible that the zorin developer thinks to throw(shoot) a basic version 6.2?

pretender

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:21:10 pm

Hi everyone :)
I installed ZorinOS 6.2 -lite on my old & low-powered hardware but I don't know if it its a LTS release. First time i use as DE openbox/lxde.
So,my question for you its this release ZorinOS 6.2 is it a LTS release?
If not i want to burn another .iso with zorin lite but this time a LTS one,so I please you put here a link to download ZorinOS 6 LTS but a 'lite'...
Thanks in advance :)

pretender

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:08:31 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi pretender, no Lite version is LTS - it is for 18 months lifespan - new releases require a fresh install - it is based on Lubuntu.

Thanks for replay :)
Regarding ZorinOS-lite so sad it's not a LTS one... :cry:
In your opnion what linux zorin LTS do you recommand for my old & low-powered hardware machine???

jmboldosser

Sun May 19, 2013 11:04:44 pm

Does lite allow users to get Libreoffice from the software center? Also, does lite allow users to change language settings?

I'm planning on installing on an mk802 II. Thanks, James

jmboldosser

Mon May 20, 2013 1:10:50 pm

Thank you swarfendo. I have Zorin on my pc. I'm going to sopprt a poor ccommunity in Indonesia, and I think the lite version would be perfect given the hardware they're working with. I look forward to your response.e. James

Wolfman

Mon May 20, 2013 2:21:34 pm

jmboldosser wrote:Does lite allow users to get Libreoffice from the software center? Also, does lite allow users to change language settings?

I'm planning on installing on an mk802 II. Thanks, James

Hi,

yes you can install Libreoffice on Lite as well as many other Debian based packages but it is only providing your PC has enough RAM and CPU strength to run those particular apps!!.

See the system requirements here; but bear in mind that it has only a total of 18 months support as of April 2013:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu

Regards Wolfman :D

jmboldosser

Mon May 20, 2013 2:59:31 pm

Wolfman, That is wonderful news. The mk802 II has 1 gig of ram, so no worries. As soon as I receive the device, I will test and report back. If all goes well, I will also recommend it on the forums that compile compatible distros for the mk802 II device. Cheers, James

jmboldosser

Tue May 21, 2013 12:59:44 am

swarfendor437, Thank you so much. I'm sure I'll stumble a bit, but I'm also sure I can make it work. Thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated. Will report back! James

jmboldosser

Fri May 24, 2013 7:22:53 pm

So I have all my hardware. When I attempt to burn the img to the sdcard, I cannot. When I unpackage zorin-os-6.2-lite.iso, it creates a folder with several folders and other files. When I use imagewriter to write the image, I cannot find the .img file. I did the exact same thing with another distro, lubuntu, I unpackaged and the .img was the only file and easily found. Any suggestions? Cheers, James :)

jmboldosser

Fri May 24, 2013 9:14:52 pm

swarfendor437, Thank you for your reply. The MK802 II (the device I'm attempting to install zorin lite) runs android. However, if a distro is installed on an sdcard and inserted into the mk802 II, it automatically boots to the sdcard. I was able to install the lite version on the sdcard and boot from my laptop, so I know it was installed correctly. Since the other distros I used only had an .img file and worked, I suppose my questions would be, is there an .img file for zorin os lite? Thanks, James

jmboldosser

Sun May 26, 2013 12:30:15 am

swarfendor437, Thanks for the reply! I never thought about converting iso's to img's... I'll check into it. Hopefully someone else will jump in with a suggestion. James