This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Cant se partitions and grafik prob

Jetlimaster

Sat May 25, 2013 10:06:28 am

Hello great people . I'm using linux 6.1 ultimate on mine laptop and i'm very happy. recent build a new computer so i'm decideit buying 6.2 ultimate to help out you guys and install on main desktop. Have 2 major problem i could not even past the install procedure. I'm using 2 new intel 160gb ssd in raid 0 for more speed. windows 8 already installed so no problem physically whit the system. now to the issue. when the installer starts on the reconfig the hard drives i se dubbel of mine raid ssd. mean im see 2 x 320 gb partition and very strange disk config. 1st time its happening for me never se anything similar so far any ideas whats happening or just your installer cant handle hardware raid 0 from start ? :=(( in windows ofc im se 1 ssd 320gb no problem there even partition programs se the correct one..
the second problem is grafik card seam like i'm getting flickering . background changing freezing up background in life mode even whit safe mode start. i'm wanted install anyway and install the new drivers but 1st need past the ssd problem :=)

Mine graphic card is a new Gigabyte amd radeon hd 7790. ( im now about the same drivers problem for same amd cards but what im heard it solved now and drivers can be download after install )
motherboard is asrock z77 extreme 4. (looked up before buying it has 100 % linux compatibility np whats so ever )
Regards all.

Jetlimaster

Tue May 28, 2013 10:51:37 am

]Okey a smaller uppdate . Tested Opensuse 12.3 ,it was np whit the grafik or the install the installer recokniced mine rad0 ssd as one partition np. After im downloaded the new zorin 7 rc ..*LOOKING AWSOME 1, Grafik problem is gone only the installer is prob. managed to take a picture. But seams like i cant uppload the picture >)

Wolfman

Tue May 28, 2013 11:30:59 am

Hi,

did you try partitioning in advance of your install and then select the "Something Else" method when asked by the installer?.

See this partitioning guide which may help you a bit:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2601

Regards Wolfman :D

Jetlimaster

Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:32:14 pm

Im trying the "Something Else" else . but it is not helps..the installer refuse to recognize the bios made raid 0 config. thats a main problem here :=( it is clearly after im tryed the opensuse 12.3 installer and it was np there . just sad i byed a distro i cant even install :=(

Wolfman

Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:40:53 pm

Hi,

the installer from Redhat caused problems for me too, download Gparted and create a disk and boot from it, re-format (re-do swap too) your Linux partitions to Ext4 and then reboot with the Zorin disk inserted and try again!!:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gparted/

Jetlimaster

Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:41:12 pm

Sadly that a wrong video for me. im allready partitioned mine 2 ssd and have win 8 installed on. and it is 360gb big. (2x180) which is correct. The installer see as 2 x 360 gb drives thats a problem. and becose like im wrote the opensuse install recognized correctly as 1 x360 gb drive its most be a specific problem for ubuntu and similar or it is the old kernel issue ? i don't blame you guys ofc not not many people do a crazy bios raid0 whit 2 ssd :=) so if is nothing to do about maybe you can try implement for zorin 7 ?
almost forgot gonna try ofc 1st the gparted solution se if i can partition 1st and install after..back later for upgrade.

Wolfman

Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:16:29 am

Hi,

I forgot to add this link too:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2601

Jetlimaster

Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:05:36 pm

Many thx for all the help .im downloaded Gparted partitioned upp before install. made both swap and home partition.
Zorin recognized the made partition and coud install, im wanted the grub on that partition (usually that mine choise ) and using easybcd fron windowsto manage start menu.like it more that way.Samthing went wrong middle of the install zorin sad cant instal grub on that partition so im chosed skipp grub then but it still installed and without the windows 8 :=)heheh np always can fix that later im hope repair windows or just edit grub..Major problem stil is the graphic it is the problem cant do anything right now whit the flickering and mess.
Btw solved the startup. just letit zorin reper the grub and now have windows too.
Plz help whit the graphic do im nead install separate amd drivers ?

Jetlimaster

Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:39:26 pm

Screenshot from 2013-06-05 22_42_33.png
desktop
im gonna try upload a screenshot here se if is working

Wolfman

Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:09:27 pm

Hi,

update per this guide:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247&p=22415#p22415

Once done and you have fully rebooted, open System Settings > Hardware > Additional Drivers and see if there are any drivers offered to you, select the recommended drivers and restart your PC again.

Jetlimaster

Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:28:20 am

Okey .many thx Mr wolfman gonna do it this weekend (today ) when mine brain is fresh and im slept wel . seems like much to do .lucky for me have a working laptop so i can read on that and work on the main comp
Reporting back later with more information later.

Jetlimaster

Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:25:39 pm

just a fast uppgrade info here .Before im started the looking for problem im managed log out and log back gnome , gnome fallback and the zorin fallback modes.. all works great perfect even the live wallpeper running great.Only mode not forking the zorin normal log in so the problem most be then same program there ..Turned off comiz animation but still if im log zorin normal deskto te problem is still there. Realy coud be nice solve the problem if we can and keep the animation on till then im just using fallback mode..

Wolfman

Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:40:03 pm

Hi,

are you saying that you are only having problems with the AWN desktop and by that I mean the Windows 7 look??.

Please see this guide and there might be something there for you, the info about AWN is near the bottom.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

(AWN = Avant Window Navigator)

Jetlimaster

Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:14:36 pm

what im ment i can log in the gnome normal ..gnome fallback..xbmc and zorin fallback modes and the working fine. even if when im chose gnome normal the compiz seams not working at all no desktop effect and i can se it is enebled. when im logging zorin normal..then all turn it to a mess :=) i coud ceven use the look changer in gnome normal mode whic ofc messed upp the desktop ..hehhe tryed mac os look..:=) but 1st im gonna give a new fresh reinstall mayby samthing went wrong .Back later whit more info.

Jetlimaster

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:16:09 pm

Hello guys..sadly still it is c***.,i cant solv the problem it seam like ultimate 6.3 is just not working ,,sadly im payed for it and whiout the changer and other things im coud take the free version instead.and the worst not even 3 weeks like the zoring 7 ultimate out ? :=( Do im need to buy that one instead..feel c*** paying twice for samthing ..ot you guys can send me a copy of 7 ultimate. :=)

Jetlimaster

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:24:20 pm

Im allready reinstalled whiout the raid0 it was to many problem whit all other linux too so im removed the raid ...Secure boot is not on at all..:=) and ofc im allways was connected to internet. even with the latest install it is same problem on the grafic sadly. jInstallad even the new pinguyos 13.04 and that one have np att on grapic.same miner bugs ofc .