This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 7

messmanager

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:40:49 am

Just a short note to congratulate the team on OS 7.
I downloaded and installed all within a 2 hour window. The good news is that all is up and running with no conflicts with Nvidia video cards, which was my main moan about OS 6.
And the bad news is....Well, nothing. Well done to all concerned.

:D :D :D :D :D

5 Star rating!

Anonymous

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:35:14 pm

Zorin OS was very easy to configure Nvidia drivers... long as one didn't go crazy and try to run an OPTIMUS Technology rated video card on their machine. Like I tell my customers everytime they come in to my shop. Do your homework before venturing and spending hard earned $$$$ on something that you can't even use for it's intended purpose.

Anyway it's good that you finally got your $$$$ worth huh !!!! :D :D

madvinegar

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:15:17 pm

Nvidia Cards with OPTIMUS technology. I think that these cards are Hybrid meaning that your laptop has two GPUs. An Intel Card used when the system requierements are low, and an Nvidia card used when the requirements are high - i.e. when playing a game.

In linux this can be settled by installing Bumblebee. http://bumblebee-project.org/

I have read somewhere that maybe, ubuntu 14.04 will be coming with a kernel that integrates this hybrid technology for Nvidia Optimus cards, so you don't need to install a 3rd party ppa. Let's see...