This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Installation issues

tio.trom

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:40:42 pm

Tried to install the Core on my Levono laptop and it hangs on the loading Zorin logo screen. Cant boot live from usb drive, cant install it. Am using a usb flash drive. You have any clue why it hangs on the loading screen ? I clicked F1 and shows an error like "Critical error....I don remember, something like the kernel stopped working". Dont remember exactly.

Wolfman

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:07:20 am

tio.trom wrote:Tried to install the Core on my Levono laptop and it hangs on the loading Zorin logo screen. Cant boot live from usb drive, cant install it. Am using a usb flash drive. You have any clue why it hangs on the loading screen ? I clicked F1 and shows an error like "Critical error....I don remember, something like the kernel stopped working". Dont remember exactly.

Hi,

try booting again and as soon as you see the Zorin boot menu on the top line, press the "Tab" key and type "nomodeset" and press "Enter". If that doesn't work, start again and this time type "acpi=off" and press "Enter" again.

See if that helps.

Regards Wolfman :D