This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Problem installing Zorin os 5 ultimate x64

Ex1o

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:40:52 pm

Hello fellow linux users. I have a problem with the installation of zorin OS 5. When I start the live dvd and click to install zorin OS, the screen freezes on 'Preparing for installation'. I have been waiting for hours but there is no move. When I directly install zorin from the dvd I also got the same problem. Could somebody please help me with this?

Wolfman

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:11:59 am

Hi Ex1o,

did you try installing after booting in safe mode??.

Regards Wolfman.

NightWalker

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:14:12 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi Ex1o,

Regards Wolfman.

why do you mean with this Wolfman.how i can install zorin 5 in safe mode? i have the same problem that Ex1o

Wolfman

Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:29:36 am

NightWalker wrote:

Regards Wolfman.

why do you mean with this Wolfman.how i can install zorin 5 in safe mode? i have the same problem that Ex1o

Hi Nightwalker,

when you start the DVD there are 2 primary boot options, the 1st is always to boot the live CD without making any changes to anything, the 2nd option is "Safe Graphics Mode" which basically means that the boot process won't overtax your PC's resources.

This may give you a better insight into what you can do at the boot process level:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDBootOptions

Regards Wolfman :D

NightWalker

Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:11:08 am

Wolfman wrote:
NightWalker wrote:

Regards Wolfman.

Hi Nightwalker,

when you start the DVD there are 2 primary boot options, the 1st is always to boot the live CD without making any changes to anything, the 2nd option is "Safe Graphics Mode" which basically means that the boot process won't overtax your PC's resources.

already try to installed zorin in my dell laptop(i just re installed a fresh windows xp)in safe graphics mode and regular mode,but when zorin ask for my lenguage,then sent me to the next step where zorin is checking my pc,for best results please ensure that this computer has at least 3.4 gbs available,is plugin into a power source,is connected to the internet,and when i hit the forward button,zorin just freezes in that step,i don`t know what going on,i burned the cd to the lowest speed,i downloaded zorin lite version.

maxmm5

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:01:51 am

Hi Ex1o, You're almost there when you reach that moment "Zorin check your PC for...", it takes sometime (longer) for Zorin in checking your pc, as if it was freeze and doing nothing (without giving message notice). Try once more and be patient.

NightWalker

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:51:12 pm

maxmm5 wrote:Hi Ex1o, You're almost there when you reach that moment "Zorin check your PC for...", it takes sometime (longer) for Zorin in checking your pc, as if it was freeze and doing nothing (without giving message notice). Try once more and be patient.

so zorin os take some time checking my pc before move to the next step of the installation?