This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Installer crashing in Virtual Box right away

ElectricRider

Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:47:52 pm

I'd like to try out Zorin 7 lite but in virtual box the installer crashes as soon as the automatic countdown gets to number 1. It just freezes solid.

I can let the Vbox capture the mouse and use the arrow keys to scroll down the options but if I click on anything, or that countdown reaches 1, it freezes.

My system specs are:

System Manufacturer/Model Number HP Pavillion G7-2251dx
OS Windows 8 64 bit
CPU AMD A-8 4500M - (It's Not a CPU, it's AMD's new type of processor called an APU - Accelerated Processing Unit )
Memory 8 Gigabytes DDR3 sdram
Graphics Card Discrete ATI Radeon HD 7640G with 2 Gigs additional video memory
Sound Card IDT Audio
Monitor(s) Displays 17.3
Screen Resolution 1600x900
Hard Drives 500 gig

The version I'm using was downloaded from Zorin's own download area. It is, zorin-os-7.1-lite.iso

I have set up lots of distros with Vbox and have no idea what I could be doing wrong if anything.. I'm getting this far.. at least to see the install screen and the countdown so I doubt it's my Vbox settings. The virtual Box version I'm using is the latest, 4.3.2

Any ideas? Thanks.

ElectricRider

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:33:26 pm

Forget the above post folks.. I have to re-download another copy anyway.

I was making room on the hard drive and accidentally deleted the ISO file LOL.. I'll re-download and try again. I'll be back if I have trouble.

Sorry..